Friday, January 23, 2009

My Response to Richard.

Richard recently wrote a letter to The Province newspaper. This is his letter.

"My heart can't take it any more. I've been a Canucks fan for over 30 years. Every year we are fooled into believing this will be THE year or at least this year will be a better year.

"I fall for the hype every time, but after last night's game ... something died in me.

"I've never felt that disappointed by a loss in my life. I was so upset, in fact, that it carried over to my relationship with my wife. I snapped at her over the dumbest of things. She was an innocent bystander and not a hockey fan. That anger that was wrongly aimed at my wonderful wife was an anger so powerful I couldn't contain it. An anger expressed because of my emotional tie to a stupid sports team.

"I will never let that happen again.

"I proved to myself that watching, cheering and supporting the Canucks has finally come to an end. Period.

"The time I wasted watching the Canucks games I will now spend with my wife and daughter."

— Richard.


Here is my respose to Richard


I understand how Richard feels, but he is not a true dedicated fan. I feel horrible with what the Canucks are doing right now but i get over it and I am always looking forward for the next game and I cheer for them. I think Richard and all his followers are a bunch of wagon-hoppers who can't control their emotions or their life. These people combined with the media are who drove Markus Naslund out of town. Markus Naslund loved this city but he couldn't handle the pressure of angry, uneducated fans. "They would have never been happy with me unless i was getting the numbers I did in my best seasons." Is what Naslund said when deciding not to resign with the Canucks. What the Vancouver Canucks need right now is support, they need the fans to be behind them. They also need some more true fans, not the wagon-hoppers who are there when they are winning and not there when they are losing. These "fans" could determine if players want to stay in Vancouver or if future players want to come to Vancouver. Its time to determine if you are a real fan or not, if not then you should not be cheering them anyways. These wagon-hoppers will be cheering for the Canucks as soon as they start there winning ways again. Think of it this way Richard, if you were there for your wife and kid when things were good and happy but as soon as things got bad you were never around. Would your relationship last? You need to put effort into things to make them work. That's how life works. As fans we can put effort into showing support to Our Vancouver Canucks. It will make them more comfortable, secure, and will possibly make them play better. I would also like Canucks fans to BELIEVE. Last year Detroit had a big losing streak in the season and they weren't sure if they would make the playoffs. Well they made the playoffs and won the Stanley Cup. I am and will always be a Vancouver Canucks Fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Canucks!

Canucks!

VCB Search Engine. Search for anything you would like to see.









Custom Search



Vancouver Canucks Videos